29 Oct Giveaway Ideas for Real Estate Agents
With the end of year and the Christmas season right around the corner, it's time for Realtors to think about giveaways for the holidays. However, real estate agents shouldn't just give away gifts to clients at the end of the year, but with each transaction as a thank you gift. Closing gifts are a great way for Realtors to strengthen their bonds with their clients and increase their chances of getting referrals from those happy clients. Rather than giving random gifts such as gift cards, bottles of wine, or other non-personalized gifts, we recommend that you give branded gifts that are useful and appreciated by your clients. Your branded gifts will continue to market for you while gift cards and other types of non-branded gifts will be used up and not retain marketing value for you.
If you close a $500,000 deal, you don't want to give away a $2 item to say "Thank You." That would be insulting to your client. It is a good idea to have a couple of different valued giveaways based upon the transaction value. For example, larger transactions you can give away an item with a value of $100-$200, while a smaller, $150,000 sale might be worthy of a $50-$75 item. Check out some of the giveaway ideas below.
Realtor Giveaway Ideas
- Crystal Vases - If you want to impress a client, give them crystal. Crystal is much heavier than glass and much higher class. Choose from many different price points and styles. Include a small bouquet of flowers as a closing or housewarming gift and your clients will never forget you - that includes when they hear about friends who need a good Realtor.
- Wine Gift Sets - While it's common for Realtors to give away a bottle of wine or champagne as a celebratory closing gift, that bottle of bubbly is quickly gone and forgotten after that night. So why not give not only the bottle of wine or champagne, but also some wine gift sets to include glasses or the corkscrew that is branded with your logo? Then your name will be at the top of their mind every time they pop a bottle.
- BBQ Gift Sets - For most men, they can't wait to grill out in their new backyard. That's why a BBQ Gift Set makes a great closing gift. These gifts sets commonly include a spatula, tongs, a fork, skewers, a barbecue brush and a nice storage case.
- Kitchen Knife Sets - A large portion of most people's time is spent in the kitchen. Therefore, if you can get useful items in the kitchen of your clients, then they will be continually reminded about your real estate business. Choose from either steak knives or carving knives. If you go with a set with the hardwood block for storage of the knives, your logo will be displayed full-time in the kitchen of your clients.
- Bluetooth Speakers - We are in the age of digital music, so it's time to embrace that with your marketing. The majority of music lovers now have their music either physically stored on their phones or they stream music through their phones, so these speakers that connect through Bluetooth technology make great housewarming and closing gifts!
Your main goals when giving away closing gifts to your clients should be to strengthen your business relationship with your clients. By this act of giving a valuable "thank you" gift, your previous clients will begin to refer their friends to you causing your business to grow exponentially. As mentioned in the beginning of this article, we do recommend keeping at least two different gifts available so you can give out a gift of appropriate value to your clients.