26 Aug National Truck Driver Appreciation Week 2014
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is September 14-20, 2014. This is one of many areas of industry that is highly under-appreciated. Truck drivers are away from home for weeks at a time to ensure that we have the modern conveniences of being able to go to dozens of local stores and buy toilet paper, food, electronics, books, drinks, and other necessary and unnecessary items.
Truck drivers endure countless hours each day driving down the highway with little thanks. While they should be appreciated each day, this is a week that we can all come together and show them our support and appreciation. Your appreciation can be shown through your kind words or by your actions and gifts. Because truck drivers are on the road more than they are aren't on the road, below are ideas for great giveaways to truck drivers during this week of appreciation.
This is a prime opportunity for employers to thank their truck drivers for the hard work they do day in and day out. Without them, trucking companies would not exist. Additionally, retail stores depend on timely delivery by truck drivers to keep their inventory stocked, so they should be thanking their truck drivers with gifts and appreciation.
Truck Driver Appreciation Week Gift Ideas
- Lunch Coolers - While many truck drivers are no strangers to fast foods, there are times they may want to eat a bit healthier and bring their lunch. Promotional lunch coolers are great for this purpose. Have your company logo printed on the coolers and give out to truck drivers in your area to show your appreciation.
- Travel Mugs - When driving hours on end, caffeine is a must. That why insulated travel mugs are great to keep coffee piping hot. Choose from many great styles of mugs that are cup holder friendly.
- Duffel Bags - Because truck drivers are gone for weeks at a time, packing changes of clothing is a must. Duffel bags are very handy for this and this type of premium item with your logo is likely to hang around with that truck driver for years!
- Water Bottles - Staying hydrated is important and having a great water bottle helps promote proper hydration, as well as makes it convenient for truck drivers to always have water on hand while driving cross country.
- Tire Pressure Gauges - Truck drivers are responsible for safety of their vehicle at all time and that includes proper tire pressure. That's why having a tire pressure gauge is very important for their safety inspections.
- Key Chains - Truck drivers always have their keys. So why not give them a really nice key chain to hold their keys? These are great for employers to give out to their employees and have the corporate logo engraved or printed on the key chains.
Truck Driver Appreciation Week is a time to step and thank truck drivers that you know and come in contact with during the week. Hopefully, this week of appreciation will help you to better understand the importance of truck drivers.
Future Dates for National Truck Driver Appreciation Week
- September 13-19, 2015
- September 11-17, 2016
- September 10-16, 2017
- September 9-15, 2018