14 Aug Plastic Mini Footballs vs. Vinyl Mini Footballs?
Football season is upon us, so the big decision for spirit items is what type of mini football is the best? The fans love to catch mini footballs thrown by the cheerleaders, so this item is a must-purchase spirit item. Whether you buy them out of your general booster club funds or get business sponsors for the footballs, you have to decide which football to buy – Plastic mini footballs or vinyl mini footballs. They both have pros and cons when comparing to the other, so you have to make your choice based on budget, imprint, and the way you are using the footballs. Both are great options for programs ordering large quantities or those with a tight budget. Below are the pros and cons of both types of promotional mini footballs so you can make an informed decision.
- Smaller than the vinyl mini football – about 6″ in length measuring from one tip around the football to the opposite tip.
- About 10 cents cheaper than the vinyl mini footballs.
- Harder than the vinyl mini football.
- Cheaper to ship than vinyl mini footballs since they are smaller.
- Plastic mini footballs don’t throw as far or as well as the vinyl mini footballs.
- Slightly smaller imprint area than the vinyl mini footballs – 2″ W x 1.25″ H.
- They do have a pebbled surface so detailed imprints may get lost.
- Never lose shape or air since they are made from molded plastic.
- Larger than the plastic mini football – about 7″ in length measuring from one tip around the football to the opposite tip. This varies slightly depending on how much the footballs are inflated.
- About 10 center more than plastic mini footballs.
- Softer and less likely to hurt anyone when thrown.
- More expensive to ship since they are both longer and fatter than the plastic mini footballs.
- Throw much better and farther since they weigh a little more.
- Larger imprint area – 2″ W x 1.5″ H.
- Have a smooth surface on 1 side for better imprinting of smaller details.
- Vinyl mini footballs will lose air over time, but they can easily be re-inflated with a standard athletic pump and sports ball needle.
- Have a higher perceived value than plastic mini footballs and therefore, will most likely be kept longer by recipients.
Mini footballs are extremely popular at college, high school, and middle school football games. Both the plastic and vinyl mini footballs are great choices, but sometimes one is more suitable over the other depending on your purpose. Many local businesses are more than willing to pay sponsorship money to have their logo put on the mini footballs, which pays for the footballs and gives the cheerleaders more footballs to throw at games. Throwing out the footballs helps keep the crowd engaged and excited. Everyone loves when they leave the games with a souvenir. Be sure and order mini footballs now for your team before the start of the season to avoid the rush!