14 Nov Making the Most of a Direct Mail Campaign
Despite what you may hear, direct mail is far from dead. With the huge amounts of spammy email, many marketers are going back to direct mail, because it simply just works. Below I have listed several benefits as well as strategies for your direct mail campaign using full color postcards.
- Postcards are cheap. You can get a lot for really cheap to help stretch out your budget.
- Postcards can be printed in full color to really make your message stand out.
- Postage for postcards is much cheaper than sending envelopes.
- Postcards work. You have to look at them; therefore, your message is always seen.
- Postcards deliver quick results.
- Postcards are easy to track.
- The message is easy to change for your next campaign.
- Postcard marketing is a non-invasive introduction to your company.
- Postcards work for any business because they can be designed any way.
- Be creative with your design. We can help you with your graphic design!
- Repetition – Don’t send out postcards just once (unless you are advertising for a dated event). Be consistent. You need 5 to 6 contacts to gain a new client. This includes in person visits, mail, email, social media interaction, and phone calls.
- Follow Up Calls – Phone calls help increase your response rate. Make sure you do this.
- Start with a small test quantity to make sure your message is clear and has a good response rate.
- Make sure you have a headline that catches the recipients’ eye.
- Include a coupon. Coupons have great response rates since they add value to any marketing piece.
- Create a sense of urgency with a short deadline to act upon.
- Don’t give too much information. Create a teaser that entices the recipients to call for more info.
- Response rates are much higher for existing and past customers since they already trust you.