14 Nov Making the Most of a Direct Mail Campaign
Posted at 04:00h in Full Color Printing, marketing 0 Comments
Despite what you may hear, direct mail is far from dead. With the huge amounts of spammy email, many marketers are going back to direct mail, because it simply just works. Below I have listed several benefits as well as strategies for your direct mail campaign using full color postcards.
- Postcards are cheap. You can get a lot for really cheap to help stretch out your budget.
- Postcards can be printed in full color to really make your message stand out.
- Postage for postcards is much cheaper than sending envelopes.
- Postcards work. You have to look at them; therefore, your message is always seen.
- Postcards deliver quick results.
- Postcards are easy to track.
- The message is easy to change for your next campaign.
- Postcard marketing is a non-invasive introduction to your company.
- Postcards work for any business because they can be designed any way.
- Be creative with your design. We can help you with your graphic design!
- Repetition – Don’t send out postcards just once (unless you are advertising for a dated event). Be consistent. You need 5 to 6 contacts to gain a new client. This includes in person visits, mail, email, social media interaction, and phone calls.
- Follow Up Calls – Phone calls help increase your response rate. Make sure you do this.
- Start with a small test quantity to make sure your message is clear and has a good response rate.
- Make sure you have a headline that catches the recipients’ eye.
- Include a coupon. Coupons have great response rates since they add value to any marketing piece.
- Create a sense of urgency with a short deadline to act upon.
- Don’t give too much information. Create a teaser that entices the recipients to call for more info.
- Response rates are much higher for existing and past customers since they already trust you.
Q: How much is postage for postcard mailing?
A: Postage varies depending on the size of the piece. For example a 4″ x 6″ postcard, presorted by zip code can be as low as $0.208 each for direct mail campaigns in which we do the mailing. The standard post office rate is $0.29. (as of November 10, 2011)
Q: What is the largest postcard I can send and still get the postcard postage pricing?
A: 4.25″ x 6″ is the largest you can send for the postcard postage rate. After that, postage increases according to the size.
Q: Where do I get a mailing list?
A: The best list comes from your current customer database. If you don’t have a database of current customers, you can always purchase a list sorted with many different criteria such as geographic area, job position, business size, residential, or many other criteria. We can help you purchase the right list for your business.
Q: How do I get you my names and addresses of my list?
A: An Excel format with the names and addresses is required. We can send you a sample spreadsheet with the correct format. It’s easy, no worries.
Q: How long does it take?
A: We print postcards in about 5 days plus mailing time. If you give us a reasonable date that you want the mailers in customers’ hands, we will mail accordingly.
Q: Do you have templates? How do I get a good design for my business?
A: We never recommend using templates because these same templates are used by thousands of businesses all over the country. There’s a good chance some of your recipients have already seen that layout from a competitor. It’s always best to be unique and have a custom design that works for your company. Our in house graphic designers can help you with that. Our design packages are cheaper than you might think.
Postcard marketing is a great and inexpensive way to get in front of mass quantities of people easily and quickly. Vibrant full color printing can make a memorable impression. With the employment of follow up phone calls your response rates can dramatically improve. Start a postcard direct mail campaign today with Perfect Imprints and help your bottom line tomorrow.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.