18 Aug How To Make Money From Football Games With Mini Footballs
I’m not talking about betting here but making money by throwing out mini footballs. Football season is starting this month for many high schools so now is the time to take advantage of this opportunity. Mini footballs typically come in either a 6″ plastic size or a 7″ vinyl size. The vinyl is, of course, softer, and is only a few cents more per ball. The main idea is to have some promotional mini footballs printed with your logo printed on one side of the football and a special offer printed on the 2nd side. You definitely want to put an expiration date on the special offer, so someone doesn’t try to redeem it years later. Here are some ideas and some examples that other businesses have used in the past:
- Smoothie chain: Bring in this football for a FREE smoothie of your choice.
- Oil & Lube Shop: Bring in this football and receive an oil change for only $10.
- Nail Salon: Redeem this football for a FREE manicure.
- Hair Salon: Bring this football for FREE standard hair cut.
- Restaurant: Bring this football in for a FREE appetizer.
- Restaurant: Redeem this ball for Buy 1 Get 1 FREE entree of your choice.
- Grocery Store: Redeem this football for a FREE Grocery Tote on your next shopping visit.
- Bar: Bring this in for a FREE draft beer.
- Convenient Store: Redeem this football for a FREE fountain drink.
- Bank: Bring in this football and receive a $20 deposit with any new checking account.
- Print Shop: Redeem this football and receive 100 FREE business cards.
- Hair Salon: Bring this in to receive $20 off any hair coloring.
- Restaurant: Redeem this for a FREE kids meal with adult entree purchase.
- Fitness Center: Redeem this football for a FREE 2 month membership.
- Massage Therapist: Bring this in for a FREE 10 minute massage.
- Fast Food Restaurant: Redeem for a FREE small order of fries.
- Church: Bring this in to learn how to receive FREE eternal salvation.
- Sandwich Restaurant: Redeem this ball and receive a FREE 6″ sub with any purchase.
- Car Dealership: Redeem this ball and receive FREE oil changes for 1 year with car purchase.
- Bank: Redeem this and receive a $500 discount on closing cost for home mortgage.
If you notice the examples above, the majority of the offers have a common theme: FREE. Free gets people in your door. Once they are in, it’s up to you to up sell them or cross sell them. Ideally, they will have a great experience with your business and become a regular customer. Mini footballs are cheap and schools love getting them donated. The cheerleaders will gladly throw the footballs into the crowd each time their team scores. The fans absolutely love catching the footballs and will love it even more when they see the great offer printed on the football. Don’t be afraid to give away products or services for free, just have a plan on what you will do with those customers when they come into your place of business to redeem their coupon. This is a great opportunity to market your business and bring in loads of new faces into your business, so make sure and take advantage of this and make some money!