11 Aug Fire Prevention Week 2009
October 4-10, 2009 is Fire Prevention Week 2009 and it is a great time to promote fire safety. Fire safety and fire prevention can be emphasized by any business and not just by fire departments. By getting fire safety items with your personalized imprint on the products, you are not only promoting fire safety, but also promoting your business. This is also a great time to thank the many fire fighters that spend countless hours on standby to protect our homes and business. Use this very influential week to market your company and thank our heroes. Be sure and order your fire prevention week promotional item in advance so that you can receive them in time.
Here are a few interesting facts about Fire Prevention Week:
- The first Fire Prevention Week was established to commemorate the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
- The first Fire Prevention Day was proclaimed by President Woodrow Wilson on October 9, 1911 on the 40th anniversary of the Chicago blaze.
- Fire Prevention Week was created to get people thinking in terms of fire prevention rather than only fighting fire.
- Fire Prevention Week is sponsored by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Fire Prevention Week is the longest running public health and safety observance on record.