28 Aug Ways to Increase the Effectiveness of Your Postcard Mail Outs
Good quality postcards are great for promoting your business. With the Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) program from USPS, you can mail out postcards to a postal route for only $0.145 each. And, the postcards you can mail are huge, so you get a bigger impact. Will this program bring back direct mail as a mainstay in advertising? Maybe so. However, direct mail is still effective if executed properly. Below are a just a few points to help improve the effectiveness of your next direct mail campaign:
- Have a professional layout. Yes, this means you will have to spend a little money on your postcard design. Don’t have an amateur layout for your postcard. Professional designers understand how to design in order to direct the reader’s eye to your call to action.
- Have a call to action. What is it that you want the reader to do? Go to a website, send an email, make a phone call, redeem a coupon for a discount or a free gift, like your Facebook page, visit your store or event? Make sure that it is clear and you will significantly increase the number of conversions.
- Create a worthwhile offer. Make sure your offer is worth the time for the readers of your postcard.
- Use only high quality card stock and printing for your postcards. Don’t use a printer who uses a flimsy card stock and poor quality printing.
- Make good use of colors. Stay true to your branding, but at the same time keep visually appealing colors and take advantage of full color printing.
- Use images. People love to see imagery. The eyes naturally gravitate toward nice looking images, so don’t use poor quality clip art. Photos are typically better than clip art.
There’s still time to get your postcards on sale for 50% off the normal price, so call 1-800-773-9472 today before this deal ends on August 31, 2012.